Three principal alternatives exist for procurement: traditional, design-build and management, each with multiple permutations such as guaranteed maximum price, novated design, early contractor involvement (ECI) and the like. Using a thorough consultative process that clearly explains the practical implications of each model will ensure that expectations are met. Selection of the best alternative will follow consultation with the client to establish which performance criteria are most important, using a rating system that considers time, cost, quality, flexibility, competence, environmental factors and documentation.
- Procurement strategy – Analysis of ECI, D&B, Traditional, Management opportunities
- Tender lists / pre-qualification questionnaires and evaluation
- Tabulation and documentation of tag / qualification resolutions
- Reporting on tender costs including risks and unit rate effects
- Recommendations for selection of tender bids