Cost planning is a process that ensures projects are completed within expectations by setting budgets and monitoring progress towards their achievement. A regular sequence of estimates enables informed value engineering, corrective action and fine tuning throughout design and construction. We use an iterative cost planning process with discrete decision points (concept, preliminary, developed, detailed stages as set out by NZCIC) representing approval to proceed or perform value engineering to keep planned expenditure on track.
- Estimate development through concept, preliminary, developed, detailed design
- Budget reconciliation and cost control advice
- Elemental, trade, resource, functional estimate presentation
- Cashflow forecasting, earned value analysis and comparison
- Cost allocation and cost centre / budget format establishment