The principal contract document produced by a quantity surveyor is a schedule (or bill) of quantities. Preparation of the schedule of quantities / bill of quantities involves a complete, detailed review of drawings and specifications before issue to tenderers. This provides an opportunity for pre-tender value management when the quantity surveyor advises on alternative material costs. We use a query sheet system to resolve any discrepancies with designers and ensure documents are updated or annotated accordingly, which promotes greater clarity in tender pricing. In the absence of a schedule of quantities / bill of quantities this process does not occur, leading to differing assumptions by each tenderer, a lack of comparability in tender bids, post-contract claims and in some cases construction mistakes or abortive work.
- Schedules (Bills) of Quantities to ANZSMM-2018 and NZS4202: 1995
- Estimation of provisional quantities for contingent work / re-measurement
- Selection of general and special conditions of contract
- Collation of contract document set, recommendations on content
- Issue of digital files to facilitate tender process and pricing